Search

Google

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Top Soil Depletion

I was just reading this article on naturalnews.com and I found it quite interesting. The article speaks to soil depletion, and I think this is a very important topic. We need start taking better care of our soil buy recycling food back into it. Compost! Compost!Compost! Admittedly, I have been neglecting my own compost pile, but that will not always be the case. I plan on taking better care of my compost pile better in the future. Anyway, this article is very interesting, but I found it to be devoid of solutions to the top soil depletion problem. So, I did a little digging (no pun intended), and I found another article that gives more details into what can be done.

To sum up a lot of information, it lists four ways to slow the depletion of top soil:
- Compost leaves from fall
- Eat local from small farms
- Don't support corn products like ethanol (I know gas prices are through the roof, but this about something more important than that)
- Buy direct from farmers

Until next time!

No comments: