Search

Google

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weston A. Price

For awhile now, I have been a big fan of Weston A. Price and his wokrin uncovering the importance of milk, eggs, butter, and meat in our diets. So, I have decided to read his ground-breaking book, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, to read for myself these important facts.

There is a website which offers the book online, but I am a traditional reader. I like to carry my books around and read them whenever and wherever I want, as opposed to a computer where I have to find a desk and use a PC. Any way, I did read excerpts from the book, and from what I've read so far, I find it to be very impressive and I am looking forward to getting the book soon (I am getting it through my school's library).

I going to blog about what I read, which points of his I find to be valid and which ones I feel, from other things I've read, are not really good practices.

One thing that I saw in the internet book that I thought was quite fascinating was the fact that you can tell what kind of nutritional issues a mother had (what she didn't eat that she should have eaten) just be looking at her offspring's teeth and facial arrangement. It is a very good read, and I will keep you posted on a lot of its good information.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you had read more about Weston price before publishing your article that appeared recently in Natural News. Also maybe read Gary Taubes book "Good Calories, Bad Calories". You recommended in your article that people avoid fat in their diet. That is the most ridiculous thing. Diabetes is a carbohydrate disease and the cure is less carbs, more greans, more eggs, grassfed beef, organic pork, (good fats).

Tigerlily said...

The article I wrote was adapted from a nutrition paper I wrote last semester, and my teacher basically told me to put that part about no sat-fats in. I know, I should have been more persistent with the truth, but my nutrition teacher was big on the whole "no fat" thing. I apologize though, because I do regret not putting the proper information.