Search

Google

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Update on Poll

As the days get closer to the closing of this poll, I just wanted to keep all abreast of how it is coming along. 58% out of 51 votes has come down in favor of drinking raw milk. There are only 19 days remaining in this poll, so I hope everyone will express their opinions and put their two cents in.

Whether you agree with it or not, I'd still like to hear what's your take on raw milk.

Lately, I have been reading the many benefits of raw milk, and many are hailing it as the perfect food. It contains most, if not all, of the essential nutrients required for life, provides a favorable balance between the Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids, has lots of good protein, and supports a healthy lifestyle. It also contains very important friendly-bacteria that facilitates gastrointestinal health and basically keeps your gut feeling healthy.

I know this isn't stone-cold science, but from my personal experiences, raw milk has helped greatly improved my gastrointestinal health. I used to have these monster stomach aches like 3-4 times a week, leaving me bent over and needing to lie down (I suspected that I may becoming lactose intolerant or may have even had ulcerative colitis). Ever since I began drinking raw milk, I haven't had those pains since, so it gets my stamp of approval!

Additionally, raw goats milk, and possibly raw sheep milk, can be a healthy alternative to dangerous soy formulas when breast feeding is just not possible or practical. Since raw goats milk is more similar to human milk, babies can better tolerate it than raw cows milk and the conventional varieties. (see this article for some evidence http://www.mybodyhistemple.com/mbht/atn/babies.html)

With these facts in mind and my little anecdote, just keep these themes in mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have a comment on something you wrote in the Natural News article. Rather, a question - why do you type the work 'think' before your words in brackets? This seems to be the latest trend for some people, luckily not too many. Its as though you are saying 'you're stupid so think of this'. I hope people aren't really that ignorant that they need to be told to think - I'm sure those images come to our minds right away anyway. Otherwise, great article.
I said 'no' to raw milk only because I no longer drink cow's milk, just almond milk.

Tigerlily said...

I am not quite sure which article you speak of, can you elaborate?